It was quite a successful day for senior Amanda Anderson as she competed at the Saints Invite on Thursday, April 13; among the many impressive performances that day, Senior Amanda Anderson placed 1st in shot put and 1st in discus, with a new personal record in discus of 165-06, as well as qualifying for the Junior National meet in Sacramento (the meet is in late June). Anderson’s throw is the 3rd best throw of all time in the state of Minnesota, just behind Anderson’s previous teammate and MN state record holder, Maggie Ewen.
Anderson’s throwing coach Mark Hanson said, “All her accomplishments are due to her hard work and dedication in and out of season. She has attended many off season camps and meets. She is a great role model for our program, school, and community.” Anderson took first place in discus at the 2016 Minnesota AA State meet.
Overall that day, the SFHS girls’ team finished 2nd and the boys’ team took 5th. Here is a quick overview of other top performances that day:
- Alexis Lusthoff finished 3rd in the 100m dash
- Taylor Karasch finished 3rd in the 200m dash
- Sydney Hauck finished 4th in the 1600m run
- Maria Laudenbach finished 2nd in the 3200m run, and she also earned the 5th fastest SFHS time in the 3200m run.
- Girls’ 4x200m relay placed 3rd overall (Lusthoff, Street, O’Brien, Karasch)
- Sara Zoccheddu tied for 3rd place in high jump and 3rd in triple jump
- Abbie Rockstad placed 5th in pole vault
- Daelyn O’Brien placed 5th in triple jump
- Genuine Matthews placed 1st in the 200m dash and 2nd in the 100m dash
- Dylan Bigelbach placed 4th in 300m hurdles and 5th in 110m hurdles
- Boys 4x200m relay placed 4th (Burgress, Tarr, Brunn, Benson)
- Boys 4x400m relay placed 3rd (Maiers, McAllister, Brunn, Enfield)
- Boys 4x800m relay placed 5th (Miller, Maiers, Hoosline, Fingal)
- Eli Hylen placed 2nd in high jump
- Tommy Schwieger placed 1st in long jump and triple jump
The Fighting Saints varsity team competes next in Mahtomedi on Tuesday, April 18. The St. Francis coaching staff and team members would like to express our appreciation for all the help and support we received at Thursday’s meet; a special thanks goes out to all the event workers, photographers, press box workers, coaches, JV athletes, Scott Robinette for lending us the use of his generator, and everyone else who helped make the Saint Invite another successful meet.