The Marching Saints just finished the 2019 season and we wanted to share some highlights! Our Saints marched in 12 parades total this summer, 7 were formal competition parades. In Forest Lake alone we performed for 30,000 people.
- Albertville – 4th place (Open Class)
- Northeast Minneapolis – 2nd Place, Best Brass, Best Drumline (Open Class)
- Sauk Rapids – 2nd Place, Best Drumline (AA)
- Rogers – 3rd Place (Open Class)
- Roseville – 3rd Place (AA)
- Forest Lake – Best Marching Band (Open Class)
- Isanti – 1st Place, Best Drumline, Best Color Guard (Open Class)
The Saints placed over some great programs this season (Blaine, Maple Grove, Foley, Sartell, Hibbing, etc) and scored within tenths of a point with others (STMA, Alexandria, etc). Our winter Drumline program is the reason we earn Best Drumline in parades (Our kids build skills all year round) – we have one of the best bass lines in the state (only 1 senior!)
Taylor Eichinger, Band Director is very happy with the way the season went. She said, “I am foremost proud of the hard work, growth, and perseverance of the kids – our band camp was in 90 degree heat with limited indoor space possible, we dealt with illness, etc. But we focused on the controllables, had great performances and examples of strong leadership. We made some waves this season!”
Thank you so much for your support and for a great year.